- Get a National Parks Pass. It will pay for itself after just a couple visits.
- See if your state offers a state park's pass. Again, if you go to the park a few times, the pass will pay for itself.
- See what's happening at your local parks. Many offer programs that range from guided hiking trips to community entertainment. Examples here and here.
- Consider volunteering at your local park.
- Ditch the gym and go to the park. You can walk, run, ride your bike, roller blade, etc.
- If you want a challenge, check out the National Park Travelers Club.
The blog for adventurers, travelers, mercenaries, fed-types, pseudo fed-types, survivalists, military, techies, researchers...
Thursday, June 30, 2016
Go to the Park
2016 marks the 100th anniversary of the National Parks system. In addition to national parks there are also state parks, county parks, city parks, and town parks. Take some time this summer (and fall and winter) to visit a park (or two or ten or a hundred). Here's how:
Posted by Code Name Insight at 3:59 PM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment