I have noticed over the years (decades actually) that the media/government/powers-that-be can harness the attention of the gullible public and pull some pretty shade stuff when the masses are watching the latest squirrel to pass by. Some cases in point:
- While the public was freaking out over--horrors!--a criminal being shot by a cop in Ferguson the Trans Pacific Partnership was quietly being passed. Guess which one of these things is going to have a longer lasting and more deleterious effect on people?
- There was the Rodney King hullabaloo which garnered much public attention (coincidentally-?-while NAFTA was being passed).
- We start an undeclared war in Afghanistan in 2001...followed closely by the 9/11 tragedy (which still has conspiracy theorists in a high spin to this day).
- A note on how the public is duped by the media
- Examples of media manipulation
- And do any of these manipulation strategies seem familiar?
- Even Facebook will happily manipulate its user's news feed for various purposes
- And even more reasons to swear off social media
- Which leads me to conclude there must be a bunch of manipulation going on if our only two viable presidential candidates are Lyin' Hillary or Lunatic Trump
- And now all this crap about transgender bathroom bills (call me old fashioned but I don't want a chick with a dick to drop trow in the locker room next to my grand daughter when she is getting ready for swim practice)...makes me wonder what major event is or will pass that the public will pay little attention to but has the power to radically alter their lives.
Post a Comment