- Cell phone/charger
- Back-up thumb drive of all files
- Bottle of water
- Granola bar
- Firearm/spare magazine
- Pocketknife or Leatherman
You will also notice that keeping all of these items near you when you are sleeping will have additional purposes:
- Keys: if you have teenagers in your home, keeping the keys away from the kids while you are asleep if a good idea.
- Wallet: ditto. Plus if a burglar looks into your window and sees a wallet laying on the table they may be even more determined to break in.
- Cash: ditto.
- Cell phone: for emergency calls and always being reachable on your cell.
- Backed up files: your computer can die or be consumed by a file but you will always have your files with you.
- Shoes: many people do not wear shoes in the house but in the event of a fire or earthquake you will need these top protect your feet.
- Water: save yourself a trip to the kitchen if you wake up parched in the middle of the night.
- Food: ditto. Plus for diabetics this is a quick way to raise blood sugar.
- Firearm: for immediate use if there is an intruder, also it's good to keep it away from the kids and/or burglars.
- Pocketknife: good for any quick fix-its.
Item 11 - flashlight - ahem WORKING flashlight (check batteries weekly). Because you may not have time to find it immediately.ReplyDelete
Good add. Not sure how I forgot that as there is a good sized Maglight right under the head of my bed too.ReplyDelete