No matter where you live, no matter if there are no real natural disasters in your area, YOU MUST BE READY TO EVACUATE AT A MOMENT'S NOTICE. You never know when a fire, flood, tsunami, chemical spill. law enforcement operation, etc. will happen and you will only have moments to get out of your home and get out of Dodge.
Reams have been written on the topic of evacuation so I won't relist everything here but there are a number of information sheets you should be familiar with in order to make an evacuation plan BEFORE you need it...
- Emergency Evacuation Checklist
- Ready.gov Evacuation Info
- Before, During and After A Disaster
- Wildfire Evacuation Steps
- Wildfire Evacuation Checklist
- Evacuation Plan
- How to Prepare for a Wildfire
- Evacuating Before the Storm
- Hurricane Evacuation
- Evacuating to Safety
- Hurricane Weather Safety
- Emergency Evacuation Procedure
- Wildfire Evacuation Plan