- Helene Neville, fellow marathon runner and friend of mine from Las Vegas, is wrapping up her run around the US. She is completing the fourth leg of her 9000+ mile run by running across the northern tier of the US dodging storms and high heat and 30-40 mile days. She will finish up on September 5th in Ocean Shores, WA. Wow.
- Other friends are on the fire lines in Washington State battling a number of wild fires. This is a good place to track wild fire activity in the state, other states have similar websites.
- Coming up next week--DEFCON 23. If you are a hacker, wanna be hacker, or just interested in a wide range of hacking-related topics this is the place to be.
- You will also find a bunch of infosec folks at Black Hat this week.
- Also coming up this week: National Night Out. Many law enforcement agencies and community groups throughout the country will host these community festivals which focus on community policing and safety.
- Windows 10 was released this past week. While I usually wait to see how badly a new operating system will crash and burn before jumping on the bandwagon myself, techie folks weren't reporting any major problems with it so I went ahead and downloaded it which was a thoroughly painless process. If you are using Windows 10, however, be sure to check and double check your privacy settings (although nothing you do these days online is really private...).
The blog for adventurers, travelers, mercenaries, fed-types, pseudo fed-types, survivalists, military, techies, researchers...
Saturday, August 1, 2015
A Long Hot Summer
Well it's Las Vegas so summers are always long and hot here, but over all, it's been a wearying summer for many. Here's a bunch of random things since I don't have anything specific to write about this week:
Posted by Code Name Insight at 3:57 PM
Labels: random musings
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment