- Visit a National Park during free entry days. BTW this weekend is one of those.
- Better yet, buy an annual pass and hit up the parks often (you will recoup the costs within a few visits). These are an even better deal if you are a senior, a military member, disabled, or a park volunteer.
- Find a free place to camp with this comprehensive website.
- Find a local hiking group and go with them. Examples for my local area here, here, and here.
- Check out your local parks and see if they offer free guided hikes. Examples for my local area here and here.
- Go hiking on your own or with friends (find trails here).
- If you can't get out of the city very often, consider urban hiking.
- Or go with a walking group that focuses their walks in rural areas (examples here, here, and here).
- Partake in a microadventure.
- Set one of those lifetime bucket list goals and achieve it. Examples here.
The blog for adventurers, travelers, mercenaries, fed-types, pseudo fed-types, survivalists, military, techies, researchers...
Friday, April 17, 2015
10 Ways to Get Out in the Wilderness
It's spring (unless you are in Colorado) and time to get out into the wilderness and commune with nature (or in the case of most of us, practice your wilderness survival skills). Here's how:
Posted by Code Name Insight at 7:52 PM
Labels: wilderness skills
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment