But since we want to be prepared for everything that could happen, giving some thought to TEOTWAWKI is something everyone should do. Here's some things to consider:
The scenario: total social collapse, roving gangs, no law enforcement, marginal if any medical care, shortages of everything, money worthless, no jobs, pensions/welfare/Social Security are a thing of the past, your investments are worth nothing...you get this idea.
What would you do?
- Would you stay in your home or go elsewhere?
- If you bug in, how will you protect yourself and secure your home?
- If you bug out, where will you go and how will you get there?
- What will you do for food (for an extended period of time with no grocery stores available)?
- Will you be a 'lone wolf' or band together with others? Who will these others be?
- What if someone gets sick or injured and medical care isn't available?
- How will you acquire and store water and ensure that is is safe for drinking?
- How will you acquire the material goods that you need?
- What will you do for electricity if the power grid is down?
- How will you keep looters and others away from your stuff and your family?
- How will you communicate with others is common communication systems are down?
- How will you survive the weather (extreme cold, extreme heat) without common ways to heat and cool your home?
- What will you do for entertainment without the usual forms (internet, video games, etc) available?
- How will you transport yourself, your family, and your stuff from one point to another when gasoline isn't available?
- What will you do for sanitation if city sewer doesn't work/is backed up/etc?
- How will you keep your pets fed?
- How will you deal with people when all social constructs are gone?
- What will you do in the event that whatever group climbs to power institutes martial law?
These are just a few things that will need to be considered in the event of TEOTWAWKI. Like any other survival scenario, the ability to prepare and pre-plan for such an event will leave you far ahead of the masses when the worst happens.
Post a Comment