- On a happy note, if you have a fourth grader (or have access to a fourth grader, no creepiness intended) you will be able to take them to any National Park, free of charge next year.
- DHS funding, due to political wrangling on both sides, has run out. Same song, different verse...
- Debate about the color of a dress went viral this week. It's rather amazing (in a bad way) how an entire nation's attention can focus on a dress while other, much more important issues, barely get any press at all.
- RIP Jerry Tarkanian, Leonard Nemoy, and Robert Moser (he wasn't famous but a good friend and all around good guy none the less).
- It's been a scary weird week in medicine with unexplained deadly viruses, a measles outbreak in Vegas, and high flu rates just about everywhere.
- It has also been an extreme snow month.
- And it's business as usual in Moscow, the US, and Syria.
- You never know when someone you know is going to flip the f#%* out (a good reminder that concealed carry is a good thing).
- The idyllic days of cheap gas recently are, apparently, no more.
- Finally, if you have a Radio Shack that is closing near you, you might want to get over there ASAP.
Friday, February 27, 2015
10 Things from This Weeks News
It's been a busy news week...