- A smartphone and charger (my Galaxy Note 3 is simply amazing).
- An unlocked quad-band cell phone (a cheaper, less attractive cell to use for international travel. At this point I use an old Samsung smartphone).
- A laptop and charger (I currently use a 14" HP laptop at home and have a 10" Asus transformer for travel. I am now looking for a 13" UltraBook to replace both of these).
- A USB drive with all of my files backed up on it.
- A spare USB drive for transferring files, etc.
- A mini travel mouse.
- Spare memory cards (one for the cell phone, one for the laptop).
- Electrical adapter/converter/surge protector.
- Solar charger (Goal Zero, useful in a disaster when other electricity sources aren't available).
- Spot 3 (satellite messenger, useful for solo outdoor travel and during a disaster).
- AC/DC car power inverter (always carry this in my vehicle for emergency charging purposes).
What I no longer carry with me:
- A digital camera (my phone takes great pictures)
- A Kindle (ditto)
- An MP3 player (ditto)
- A digital video camera (ditto)
- GPS device (ditto)
- Mobile WiFi (my phone works as a hot spot).
- A tablet (had one, didn't use it)
Post a Comment