- The flu is on the rise. The H1N1 flu tends to kill young, healthy people as opposed to the "regular" flu which usually kills the very young, the very old, and the very ill (although there is some of this flu to go around as well). Consider getting vaccinated.
- Target and now Neiman Marcus have had huge data breaches in recent months which means your financial information could be in jeopardy. Consider pulling your free credit reports and straightening out any information in the reports that is incorrect.
- The recent poisoning of water sources in West Virginia only highlights the problem that could happen to anyone without notice and without recourse besides driving around trying to find bottled water or waiting in huge lines for FEMA water trucks. Consider storing bottled water and lots of it.
- The weather has been wacky--ranging from feet of snow in the Northeast to feet of rain in Florida, massive wind storms throughout the south to blustery winter storms in the Pacific Northwest. Prepare ahead of time for winter weather, of the 100 year storm variety.
- Marijuana is now legal in Colorado and moving towards that direction in other states. I don't have an opinion one way or the other on the topic and don't care what people do in the privacy of their own home. Do NOT however, get high and drive, which is as bad as drinking and driving.
Saturday, January 11, 2014
5 Concerns for This Week
A recap if you will...