- Funerals are being held daily for the victims, often there are multiple funerals each day.
- The photos are heartbreaking.
- The psychological damage has yet to be dealt with and I am fairly certain it will be a huge and ongoing issue.
- And of course the gun control debate came immediately front and center; somehow the government is going to have proposals to "fix" gun violence by January. Uh....yeah.
- The finger of blame is being pointed everywhere: moral decay, violent video games, guns, mental illness, gun control laws or the lack thereof, and even "frustrated white male privilege".
- The NRA is in the hot seat for the time being.
- The pollsters are, of course, busy.
- And some people have shown a tremendous lack of good judgement. This one too.
- But others do the actual research. And some point out the obvious.
- Meanwhile guns are flying off the shelves at gun stores around the country in advance of any sort of gun control efforts by the government.
- And I believe we all can agree that Piers Morgan is the worst host we have ever seen on TV.
Wednesday, December 19, 2012
Mass Shootings: The Aftermath (Part 6 of 7)
We are now a few days out from the latest major mass shooting (I can't say the only mass shooting as there have been a couple others since then but none were as deadly as the Newton shooting). The aftermath is still unfolding: