- It's Bank Transfer Day. Did you move your money to a credit union or local bank yet?
- Daylight Savings Time ends tomorrow so set your clock back an hour before you go to bed tonight (for those of you in the US).
- Now is also a good time to check the batteries in your smoke detector.
- Next Friday, November 11th (or 11/11/11 for those of you who are keeping track) is Veteran's Day. Check out what is happening in your part of the world to celebrate this important day (ie: some places have parades and in Las Vegas tickets to most of the Caesars Buffets and the V Theater will be free to Veterans).
- Winter reminders: some of the most common causes of death and injury as we enter the winter months are carbon monoxide poisoning and house fires. Take care to mitigate any of these issues in your home.
- November 8th is Election Day. Are you going to vote?
- November 27th is Thanksgiving. What are you thankful for this year?
- November is American Diabetes Month. Have you had your blood glucose levels checked lately? This is a very common chronic illness in America but one which can be put under control with effort and diligence on your part. It's definitely worth the effort.
- RIP Andy Rooney who passed away today.
- Can you do a "cash only" December? Plan to spend only cash (no checks, credit cards, or debit cards) during the month of December. What better way to get through the holidays without looming credit card debt than to only use the cash you have on hand?
Saturday, November 5, 2011
Some random stuff to remember today: