- Your location can be tracked via the IMEI number of your cell. Changing the sim card won't matter.
- Anything you copy on a copy machine these days has an "invisible" code that prints onto every copy you make; it's called the Machine Identification Code.
- I have heard that each digital photo that is taken is imprinted with an invisible code so that a photo can be tracked back to the camera that was used to take it which can then be tracked back to the purchaser through their product registration with the manufacturer. (I am still looking for a link about this).
- And then there is Kameraflage.
- Of course there are numerous ways your computer can be used to spy on you.
- Cell phones, GPS devices, iPods, and other devices which have a GPS system can be used to track your movements. Here's more info on this.
- Here's 10 Everyday Items Hackers Are Targeting Right Now
- And 10 Spy Tricks
- For the latest security and technology tips, check out Bruce Schneier's blog.
Friday, June 25, 2010
Are You Being Tracked? You Might Be Suprised
Here's some random ways you might be tracked and not even know it: