- Don't start a fire with gasoline.
- Always wear your seat belt.
- Never co-sign a loan for anyone.
- Exercise every day.
- Don't drive drunk, or even buzzed.
- Stay away from drug dealers and other people whose lives revolve around crime.
- Wear a helmet anytime you ride a bicycle, motorcycle, etc.
- Have a cash emergency fund.
- Eat (real, not processed) food. Not too much. Mostly plants. (Michael Pollan)
- Never use credit, pay cash for everything. (Dave Ramsey)
- Don't take work so seriously. Feel free to quit if you don't like your job. There are plenty other jobs out there. Probably something you will like better.
- Don't follow the crowd.
The blog for adventurers, travelers, mercenaries, fed-types, pseudo fed-types, survivalists, military, techies, researchers...
Thursday, January 7, 2010
A Dozen Basic Life Tips
A dozen things that everyone should know:
Posted by Code Name Insight at 9:21 PM
Labels: personal preparedness
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Disregard #11 if you live in Michigan or California, at least for the near future.ReplyDelete
Really. #11 is hardly sound advice anymore. Instead, hang onto your job so you don't become a burden unnecessarily. Meanwhile, as you have so astutely recommended, follow the advice in JJ Luna's book on self-employment.ReplyDelete