- Sleep eight hours a night.
- Exercise every day.
- Stretch multiple times every day.
- Eat a couple of pieces of fruit and a half dozen vegetables each day.
- Walk more.
- Get any necessary vaccines.
- Stock only healthy snacks and get rid of the junk food from both home and work.
- De stress your life; remove, as much as possible, things that cause stress and drama in your life.
- Get outside every day (good for vitamin D, exercise, and fresh air).
- Take any needed vitamins each day.
- Skip restaurants; if you must go, choose ethnic restaurants or choose the healthiest choices on the menu.
- Quit smoking.
- Nix drugs and alcohol; addictions are unhealthy in general.
- Change your environment to improve your health (ie: if you live/work in an unhealthy place, change things to improve the healthfulness of your environment).
- Drink water in place of coffee, soda, and other beverages.
- Sing everyday (in the privacy of your own home). It cheers you up and with proper technique will provide much needed oxygen to your lungs.
- Keep on top of any chronic health problems.
- Pay attention to your dental health (bad dental health has a negative impact on your physical health).
- Get your health on paper: health insurance, disability insurance, a living will, a medical power of attorney, health records including medications, allergies, health history, etc.
- Save your favorite junk food (ice cream, cookies, etc) for a weekly treat instead of a daily "fifth meal".
The blog for adventurers, travelers, mercenaries, fed-types, pseudo fed-types, survivalists, military, techies, researchers...
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
20 Tips to Improve Your Health
Well I had a nice long post outlining 20 tips to help you improve your health, fully narrated and explained in great detail then the damn thing disappeared. Instead of no post this evening, or tossing this computer out the window, I'll just give you the condensed version:
Posted by Code Name Insight at 10:47 PM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment