- Life insurance
- Living Will
- Medical Power of Attorney
- Leave some general (if death is not expected) or more specific (if death is imminent) directions for what you want to happen after you die (burial or cremation, memorial service or grave-side funeral, etc).
- Personal info all together in one place (birth certificate, passport, social security card, financial records, veteran's info, insurance info, etc).
- List of people to notify.
- An "in case I die" letter to your loved ones
Thursday, June 25, 2009
Today saw not one but two famous people die--one was expected (Farrah Fawcett) and one was quite unexpected (Michael Jackson). This should be a reminder to get your affairs in order, just in case. Here's what you need: