- Life insurance
- Living Will
- Medical Power of Attorney
- Leave some general (if death is not expected) or more specific (if death is imminent) directions for what you want to happen after you die (burial or cremation, memorial service or grave-side funeral, etc).
- Personal info all together in one place (birth certificate, passport, social security card, financial records, veteran's info, insurance info, etc).
- List of people to notify.
- An "in case I die" letter to your loved ones
The blog for adventurers, travelers, mercenaries, fed-types, pseudo fed-types, survivalists, military, techies, researchers...
Thursday, June 25, 2009
Today saw not one but two famous people die--one was expected (Farrah Fawcett) and one was quite unexpected (Michael Jackson). This should be a reminder to get your affairs in order, just in case. Here's what you need:
Posted by Code Name Insight at 9:16 PM
Labels: daily preparedness tips, death planning
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
And if you're a blogger, make sure that letter contains information to log onto your account and hit PUBLISH on the "final post" you've written to notify all your blogging friends.ReplyDelete
Excellent point. I often wonder what happens to blogs where the blogger posts consistantly then suddenly stops. Usually the person just decides to move on to other things but occassionally you wonder if they died or something. At least if the blogger dies, as Meadowlark said, they should have some way to let their readers know what happened.ReplyDelete