- Gardens: apparently many of my neighbors have green thumbs and wonderful gardens of all sizes
- Green houses: I didn't know there were so many of these in my neighborhood
- Trees: I saw apple, cherry, pecan, peaches, walnut, plums, pears, and more apples
- Berries: blackberries, raspberries, strawberries (done for the season), huckleberries, grapes
- Fish: there were three streams that I didn't even know ran through my neighborhood, I'm guessing there are at least salmon in these streams
- Ocean fish/shellfish: since I live by the straits, we have easy access to salmon, crab, mussels, oysters, squid, etc.
- Small furry things: rabbits (I didn't see any but I know they are around), squirrels (saw quite a few of these), possum (squished in the road), rats (this would be a last resort)
- Big furry things: plenty of cows, horses, goats, pigs, deer, bear (didn't see any bear but I know they are there)
- Wild edibles: lots of cattails, mushrooms (I didn't see any but I know lots of people forage for chanterelles around here), nettles, skunk cabbage
These are just the things I could identify. I'm sure that the trained, educated eye could identify many more sources of food.