I think my gun safe is one of the best investments I have made. It is large enough for a fairly good selection of firearms, it is bolted to the wall and floor so it won't be going anywhere without great effort (and a crane--the thing weights a ton!), and most importantly, it is a fire-proof, water-proof, kid-proof place to store all of my valuables. Here's what's in my gun safe:
- All handguns, rifles and shotguns
- Ammo. Not all of my ammo, just enough to tide me over in an emergency (the rest of my ammo is stored in various hidden locations around the house).
- Cash sealed in an air-tight food pouch (like my ammo, I have cash hidden all over as well)
- Important documents (wills, birth certificates, copies of licenses and passports, etc). These are also sealed in air-tight food pouch.
- Dri-Z-Air. To keep the guns from rusting
- Back-up computer files on a jump drive. This drive is updated monthly and also sealed in an air-tight food pouch.
- Some expensive jewelry and watches that I want to keep secured.
**Some of these posts may look a bit familiar. I recently reorganized the CNI website to make it less cluttered and am adding some of the content here so bear with me for a couple of more posts until it all gets settled.