As with most situation, there is often two sides to every story and the truth usually falls somewhere in the middle. Take a look at the following articles to get "the other side of the story".
- "No US Rice Shortage. Period" http://www.nowpublic.com/world/no-u-s-rice-shortage-period
- "There is No Gas Shortage" http://www.businessweek.com/lifestyle/content/apr2008/bw2008041_945564.htm?chan=top+news_top+news+index_businessweek+exclusives
- "There is No Gas Shortage Part 2" http://www.businessweek.com/lifestyle/content/apr2008/bw20080422_520796.htm
- "Commodity Price Moves and the Global Economic Slowdown" http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/survey/so/2008/RES032008A.htm
- Gun Facts http://gunfacts.info/
The bottom line, as we state over and over again, is that no matter what people are saying or what people are doing, it is your responsibility to be prepared for anything that could happen. Panic preparations aren't what we are talking about here. What you need to do is make slow and steady progress, each day, in your preparedness efforts.